Friday, August 23, 2013

Ginger

 
Oh, Ginger, how I love you! Ginger is an incredibly versatile herb both culinarily and medicinally. I do my best to eat it fresh or cooked in some form everyday. I add raw pieces of it to my smoothies and green juices, sprinkle ginger powder over oatmeal or quinoa, add it to gluten-free breads and cookies, mash it into baked sweet potatoes with a little coconut oil and cinnamon, whisk it into salad dressings, saute it with garlic and vegetables, add it to soups and vegetable ferments. Ginger is such a soothing and healing spice. I'll never forget the stomach bug I had when I was young where I literally couldn’t keep anything down. Ginger tea was the ONLY drink that not only soothed my stomach, but actually stayed down and hydrated me when I needed it most. Ever since then, I am a believer of the truly magical properties contained within ginger. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory and protects us from unwelcome bugs floating around our environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment