Thursday, October 10, 2013

Breathing Through Anxiety

Breathing Through Anxiety

 

Let’s be honest. We all get anxious. There are many levels and types of anxiety. I have experienced my share of anxiety over the years and have learned how to address my issues and deal with them.
The first thing to do is to try to get calm. Worrying and panicking only makes everything worse. Create a different state for yourself. A simple tool I use is turning on a quiet, calming piece of music (musical vibrations are wonderfully healing) while sitting upright in a chair, back straight and feet firmly planted on the floor. I slowly begin to breathe deeply from my belly in and out, very slowly, again and again. Between the sounds of the music and my deep breaths, I begin to feel better, lighter and less anxious in a matter of seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment