Monday, July 22, 2013

Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro Dressing

      


Hello you gorgeous-nutritious-delicious burst of color! I just love scooping up this colorful salad. I'm revisiting the recipe from a while ago because we make it often and love it, so I wanted to get better photographs to share with you all. That and I recently started making a homemade creamy cilantro-lime dressing to toss it with so I'm digging it even more now. For us, one recipe of the cilantro dressing is a great match for the amount of salad below.

Ingredients
Large head of romaine
15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 large orange bell pepper
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
5 green onions
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing or other dressing of choice

Directions
Finely chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
Toss with desired dressing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment