Monday, August 26, 2013

MONDAY Motivation

Muffin Topless Summer Challenge
 
Motivation is a deeply personal thing. It’s important to realize that what motivates ME might not motivate YOU. Find something that lights a fire inside you. In case nothing leaps out at you, here are a few things to consider!
  • Set goals for yourself. When you’ve achieved them, reward yourself with something like a massage, a manicure, a new top (something other than food).
  • Think about how great you feel after your workout is completed. That is motivation in itself!
  • Think about how wonderful your body can look and feel if you stay consistent. Keep that image in your mind and put your efforts into achieving it.
  • Watch videos of your favorite competitors training or competing! (This is one of my favorites). I actually watch videos of bodybuilders training more often than I watch women training though. It motivates me!
  • Create a motivational collage of quotes and images and keep it somewhere where you can see it regularly.
  • Set your phone background as your favorite motivational quote and set little reminders for yourself so you don’t lose focus.
  • When you’re feeling discouraged think about how far you’ve COME instead of how far you have to GO!
  • If motivation begins to wane, make a checklist of all the things you’re thankful for, the things you’ve achieved so far and the things you hope to achieve through continued hard work. Focus on the positive!
Kick negative thoughts to the curb. You CAN do this. You have to believe in yourself. “Whether you can or you can’t, you’re right”. Repeat after me… “I absolutely can do this. This is my body and my life. I will mold it into something I am proud of.” The second you feel self-doubt creeping up, repeat that to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment