Monday, February 11, 2013

Orange You Glad You Made Me Smoothie

I made the most delicious smoothie on Saturday evening. I’ve had oranges in my fridge for the longest time. My boyfriend asked if they needed to be thrown out, but I told him that I had a better idea. Smoothies!!!
I generally rely on frozen fruit to help make my shakes, but then again I haven’t had oranges lying around for awhile. Let me tell you, the smoothie was so freaking good that I’m still not over it. That’s why I had to share the recipe with all of you. The Orange You Glad You Made Me Smoothie is loaded with vitamin C and Vitamin B. It also has protein, thanks to some vanilla protein powder.

Recipe

1 can of pineapple orange juice- make sure it’s 100 percent, and only 1 serving size
1 pegged orange- Chop it into bite size pieces for placing in blender
1/2 a banana
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder- I used a vegan kind from Lifetime
4-5 ice cubes
Directions:
1. Place ingredients into a blender.
2. Blend them.
3. Place smoothie into glass.
4. Drink!!

No comments:

Post a Comment