Monday, October 22, 2012

My Diet Ballad

“I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate I do. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.“ Romans 7:15,18

This is a good description of my attempts to diet the last few weeks.

Funny, but true.

Part of defeating sin in our lives is realizing that doing the right thing is usually opposite of our desires

Living for Christ is a fight. And when we forget we’re fighting sin, we lose ground and give in to temptations.

That’s why Paul ends the passage above by saying:
“What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!” Romans 7: 24,25

So today, whatever your temptation, remember what I'm remembering: I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment