Wednesday, November 21, 2012

REPOST FROM FLO LIVING

A Note from Alisa

During this week of giving thanks, I wanted to share some gratitude with you, my FLO family.

I’ll start by offering some major gratitude for my body, because had I not been born into it, I would not know all of you! I'm so grateful for my body: this imperfect, constantly changing body that is my most amazing guide in my life. All of the hormonal issues I dealt with as a young women opened my eyes to a huge number of women (40+million) who also struggle hormonally in their reproductive years.  I'm so grateful that my body gave me the opportunity to create a solution for this issue for myself and many other women. I'm grateful that I've borne witness to my body healing itself and that I've held space for other women to find their own hormonal health.

I'm so grateful I am a woman this lifetime, to be in a body that constantly changes and evolves, and that those hormonal changes affect my brain chemistry and give me the opportunity to have so much fresh thinking and perspective on things that interest me.  I'm so grateful that my health allows me a clear mind from which to create anything I so desire in my life.  I'm so grateful for the compassionate nurturing self care meditation I do every day through my food, movement, and rest regime - it keeps me grounded, keeps my heart open, and my vision focused.  This self-care meditation is my daily prayer and it has been through the deep communion with the care of my body that I have come to connect more deeply with the Divine and the natural cycles of creation.  The body makes a miracle-believer of us all.

I want to offer to you, the women who I so cherish - wherever you are in your healing journey - take this four-day weekend to offer your body major and sincere gratitude.
 
  • If you're suffering with your hormones as you read this, don't feel like a victim - you're truly being given a gift to revolutionize your life. I totally get that it doesn't feel that way - and sometimes I feel the frustration of being hormonally sensitive too.  This is exactly when I lean more in to my self-care meditation and practice loving my body in to health even more!
  • If you're working hard to create a health change and you're feeling hopeless - don't!!  Your body is absolutely turning a corner - keep feeding yourself with love!
  • If you have healed, take a moment to take in the miracle of the transformation you have witnessed in your own life and ask where else you might create your own miracle.

I also want to offer my extreme gratitude for those of you who have had the brave ovaries to share your stories with all of us on the FLO Living website, facebook fan page, twitter, and private online community. Your willingness to break the silence around these issues will help every woman change her thinking to believe that she should feel good all throughout the month, during conception, and after pregnancy and that suffering is not a way of life.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my ovaries and on behalf of all the FLO Living team members – Jessica, Brandi, Stefanie, Nicci, Jen, Carol. Your stories inspire us every day!  We so appreciate you trusting us with your health, and playing the FLO game with us!

We wish you a beautiful holiday with your loved ones and please take some time to write your own gratitude note to your own body.

No comments:

Post a Comment