Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pasta Veggie Salad



Dressing:

3/4 cup vegetable oil or olive oil (I used cold pressed olive oil)
3/4 cup of soy sauce (Kiki recommends Kikkoman)
9 drops of Tabasco sauce (I may have used 10, lol)
2-3 tsps. minced garlic
Juice of 3 lemons (Kiki likes to zest the lemons over the vegetables before juicing)

Put all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake really well.  You can also use a blender. (I cheated and just stirred it around a few times...it didn't seem to hurt.)

1 pound of linguine ( I used 2, 13 oz boxes of whole wheat rotini)
Broccoli florets from 4 stalks
4-6 shredded carrots 
Pkg. of green onions (I just finely chopped a small yellow onion)
Pkg. of cherry or grape tomatoes

While the linguine is cooking (or in my case, rotini), clean and chop the vegetables.  When the pasta is done, drain and rinse with cold water.  Add to the bowl of vegetables.  Blend the dressing well and mix with the pasta and veggies.  Refrigerate for at least an hour and mix once in a while.  It tastes better if you can make it early in the day and the pasta soaks up the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment