Friday, June 22, 2012

A NEW KIND OF LASAGNA

I looked around the
kitchen and found an heirloom tomato, a zucchini,
a yellow squash and some fresh herbs (thyme,
basil, and chives). My refrigerator revealed 6 oz.
of Greek yogurt (a staple food of mine that can
always can be found in my refrigerator).

What can I do with those, I thought. And then it
came to me: A raw vegetable lasagna.

I cut the zucchini and squash into very thin
slices and the tomatoes into thicker ones. I
chopped the herbs, mixed them with the yogurt
[feel free to add sour cream], and added a little
pepper and sea salt to create a perfect herb paste
to season food.

I placed a layer of zucchini slices on a plate,
followed by a thin layer of yogurt herb paste. I
added a layer of tomatoes next and followed them
with another thin layer of herb paste. Yellow
squash came next, and then another layer of herb
paste. I repeated this layering process with the
vegetables until I finished with the tomatoes on
the top. I garnished this with some fresh basil
leaves, and the red, green, white, yellow raw
vegetable lasagna was ready.

Yum.

This is a meal for two with all the enzymes,
minerals and vitamins intact. But you may want to
eat it all and not share a bite!

Try it yourself. This is what you will need:

1 heirloom tomato
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
3 tablespoons of herbs, chopped
6 oz. of 2% Greek yogurt
Sea salt and pepper

Make it work!
Use other vegetables and other herbs to make it
suit your taste if you like. But I discovered that
this recipe provided quite an amazing flavor
combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment